Thursday, February 19, 2009

no news is good news... no?, wait, what???!


The depressed economy finally made it's way into my life today. Work at the shop has been very light for the past few weeks, but there's always been something needed done, until today, I was sent home early and told to not bother coming in tomorrow. Hmm... I already missed a day and a half because I was sick. Finances are going to be tight for a while so now I'll have to curb my spending; no more lunches at Macha, and no more eating out, unless it's a special occasion like a date with a gal or brunch on Sunday with my buddy Dave. I'm also cancelling my trip to Fresno this weekend. Ok, tomorrow I will actually eat out for breakfast, it's been months since Ive stopped in at Double Team Coffee for a bacon, egg and cheese bagel.

I'm glad I don't watch the news or read the paper. I am conducting my own little experiment, instead of me keeping track of current events I'm going to let the news find me, seriously!, I want to know what topics are talked about enough that they reach me without any involvement on my part. Here's what has happened to find me; we now have a black president and Jessica Simpson has a weight problem. Oh and a helicopter crashed in Scotland and everbody survived. I can't believe Jessica has a weight problem!

On my day off I'm heading over to the Ortega Branch of the public library, they have a dvd of "The Eclipse" (1962) starring Monica Vitti, you can't beat a free movie rental! Laundry is done, apartment is clean... what am I going to do?

1 comment:

  1. I tell you what Tom my boy ! The silver lining of this economic downturn is that people will( and your allready ahead of the pack) find out that the best things in life are free and appreciation of the simplier things in life is where true happiness lies. That's what I allways think about when I hear your stories of your zero monitary adventures. Complex times= complex happiness... Simple times= simple happiness...it's about time we take it down a notch and give thanks for what we have and not worry so much about what we don't.

    ReplyDelete