Sunday, February 15, 2009

lazy sunday...


I stayed up kinda late last night, I've had the flu all week, actually the flu part only lasted 2 days and the rest of the time has been recovery from the flu, but, it did allow me to rest and get caught up on much needed sleep, for weeks I was running on 6 hours a night, which, on occassion isn't all that bad but when it becomes the norm it quickly can turn into bad news, zits, dark circles, lethargy etc. So I slept a lot.

I had brunch today with my friend. We went to Flippers at Hayes and Octavia and I had my usual "morning charge" which was promptly followed half an hour later with a "morning blast", just kidding, it was delicious as always. She told me about the big Valentines pillow fight down by the waterfront, sounded like a lot of fun, I wish I had gone, the weather has been pretty wet lately, raining pretty good for the last 2-3 days, I figured there wouldn't be much of a turn out or it'd get cancelled, she showed me all the pics, feathers everywhere! Seriously it looked like snow. I gave her a homemade Valentines card and a gift. I had a t-shirt made for her like the one worn by Jean Seberg in ABOUT de SOUFFLE, and it came in pizza box. I had it done at a store on Haight street called "BANG ON" See above pic.

I spent a lot of time thinking about personal relationships in the past week and I'm thinking that it's best for me to live in the moment, to recognise and enjoy good times while they are happening, this might not be groundbreaking news for some people, but for me it's world changing. There's no past, no future, just now. Before I would sometimes find myself, in the middle of doing some activity, and I would be asking myself; "ok, what's next?" Everything is temporary and whether I'm listening to music, watching a film, listening to the rain, shopping with friend or on a date with a pretty girl, wherever I'm at, whatever I'm doing, I know; it doesn't get any better! It's an awesome state of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment