Wednesday, February 25, 2009

money and dating...

Another unplanned day off tomorrow, not enough work, people are not showing up for their appointments. I need a plan, for either making more money or to save more of the money I make. Sometimes I think about advertising on craigslist for a room-mate, I'm sure there are plenty of other people in a situation similar to mine, two people living in a studio would make things overly cozy I reckon. The majority of my money goes to rent, then eating out on a near daily basis, lunch in SF is typically $8, dinner is usually close to $20 when you add sodas and a tip. As you can imagine, it adds up fast.

It's not easy to save money though, being a single guy, I want to go out, be social, go on dates, all of which requires spending copious amounts of cash. I know what I need to do, scale back, I'm just not ready/don't want to yet. I probably should mention that I signed up for "just one more month" of yahoo personals. I wasn't going to, the endless hours searching through profiles soaked up a lot of time but, what else did I have to do? Update myspace? Facebook? Playstation? (i need a life, i just re-read this post) This time around though I'm trying something different, I'm going to see if anyone initiates contact with me. So far one chick has and that was today. By the way, I refer to the gentler sex as; women, chicks, girls and occasionally ladies. Generally, chicks and girls are interchangeable terms for women OVER the age of 18. I pretty much reserve the use of "ladies" and "lady" for married women... or senior citizens... or royalty... or someone I'm not interested in dating. However, it doesn't apply to women in the 18-24 year old age group, I guess they would be chicks also but, again, not what I would consider as belonging to my dating pool. I know this is confusing for some so here are some pics;

In this pic we have 3 women "CHICKS and GIRLS" that I would consider dating.













This is a "LADY". She is married, a senior citizen and royalty, a trifecta of my dating deal breakers, she is not someone I'd be interested in.

Hope that helps.

2 comments:

  1. Tom,There's a mistake in your blog entry!I think you must have gotten the pictures all jumbled up?!? Now,I can understand the married woman hesitation,that's understandable.To deny yourself the experience of an older woman and all their collective knowledge in the subject of love, is not only ageism but a ignorant act of self deprivation! Expand your mind as well as your yahoo personal preference search Tom. Open the literal floodgates of dating possibilities..18 to..wait for it......99!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think dating necessarily has to break the bank if you are seeing someone who is willing to share the bill or trade off from time to time. Old fashion chivalry can be put aside in this economy.

    ReplyDelete