Saturday, February 28, 2009

a few of my old myspace blogs...

Sometimes I think I'm a dinosaur...
Sometimes I wonder if the fantasy is better than the reality. Sometimes, the exquisite bliss of living in a dream surpasses the need to know. It has been said that; It hurts to love someone and not be loved in return, but what is the most painful is to love someone and never find the courage to let the person know how you feel.

I am a firm believer of the perception is reality mindset, especially when it comes to how I perceive myself, but i have conflicted feelings when it comes to matters of love. Sometimes I find myself attracted to, and longing for, people that I perceive as unobtainable, whether they are or not doesn't matter as my perception dictates my reality; if i see them as unobtainable then they are unobtainable.

I think about it a lot.

I think unrequited love is a beautiful thing, but I'm sure reciprocated love could be even better.

Sometimes I think I'm a dinosaur.


quotes
"The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being. His heart withers if it does not answer another heart. His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration." Pearl S. Buck

Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. Howard Thurman

It hurts to love someone and not be loved in return, but what is the most painful is to love someone and never find the courage to let the person know how you feel. Unknown

The problem with writing a deep, meaningful blog on myspace is when...
you spend over two hours writing, no make that "composing" a new blog and when you go to post it the blog has "timed out" on you? Erasing everything you've written. One more example of why I hate technology. A journal, aka a pad and a pen never times out on you. Here is my revised list of stuff that bugs me.

1. Cell Phones and Phones in general, I hate them, I know hate is a strong word but in this case it's not strong enough.

2. Modern Technology, we have a new "fax" machine at work, to send a fax you have to first scan the document, send it to your computer and then e-fax it. In ye olden tymes you could type in the phone number and hit send.

3. People that say "going green" or "reduce my carbon footprint" usually I throw my hand in their face and say "whateverrrrrr!!!" that usually shuts them up pretty fast.

4. People that drive a Toyota Prius, have you seen how these people drive? In parking lots they go 1 mph so they can run on stealth mode, on the freeway they go 120 mph. Prius owners... are you really "above the law"?

5. People that are 420 friendly. I'm sorry, I'm too tired to go into detail on this one.

6. "Burners" aka Burning Man Attendees, if you have EVER said "Burning Man" and "changed my life" in the same sentence you need help. Try doing volunteer work, that will change your life and actually make a difference.

7. Politicians, here's the Readers Digest version, you have MONEY in your pocket, politicians want to get it out of your pocket, the end.

8. Taxes, you make money? Income Tax! You spend money? Sales Tax! You save money? Interest? Taxable Income! I think we should abolish Income Tax.

No comments:

Post a Comment