Thursday, February 19, 2009

frequent your local library, it's awesome!



My library rocks! I flew over there (Ortega Ave. Branch) this morning on my Vespa and on one small spinner rack I found so much good stuff! I'm so stoked! I picked up "The Red Balloon" aka "Le Ballon Rouge" by Albert Lamorisse, I saw a clip of this movie set to some tunes by a band called "Explosions in the Sky", actually I'll attach it to this post so you can see it. I cannot watch it without bawling my eyes out, sometimes things are just so beautiful I can't help it.

Another film I picked up was Michelangelo Antonioni's "L'Eclisse", all I know about this film is it's about the difficulties of finding connections in an increasingly mechanized world, and Monica Vitti is the star and I think she is h-o-t. Also picked up today was "La Vie En Rose" a movie about the life of Edith Piaf and finally "The Man who loved Women" by Truffaut who happens to be one of my favorite directors. 4 movies, 7 days, ZERO dollars. That's how to have fun in a recession.

1 comment:

  1. I'm in favor of everything you talk about here.

    Just to give you a heads up, everything Esther Williams ever did is amazing (for different reasons...mostly the amazing look of pool water in Technicolor) & all of her work is likely to be found at your local library.

    ReplyDelete