Friday, November 27, 2009

i should be asleep right now...

I'd like to think that people come into my life for a reason, but as I get older and come in contact with more people, I am starting to think otherwise. I've become a very private person as of late and very selective of who I become friends with. I don't like meeting people, taking the time to get to know them and then they just move on, disappear, or worse they somehow manage to use me before they move on.

I'm too nostalgic, too sensitive, too caring, too nice, too kind, too easy, too trusting, too much of a believer in love, truth and honesty... or perhaps I just chose to let the wrong ones in.

I sometimes think that everything we know is wrong, it's all false, so why bother?

The thing is though; you have to ask yourself why bother. I bother because I never want to stop learning, I want to always meet new people, see new places, learn new customs, eat new food, hear new languages, accents, music. That is why I bother.

But there's apparently something about me that people don't like, I want to figure out what it is. I'll go into it completely ignorant instead of with the usual preconcieved ideas. I honestly don't know what it is yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment