Wednesday, September 2, 2009

relationship chemistry and the american dream...


RELATIONSHIP CHEMISTRY---
Ever ask someone "Hey, are you still dating that girl? (or guy)" then they tell you "no, we didn't have any chemistry". then you think to yourself... "hmmmmm... the elusive "chemistry"". Well, what IS "chemistry"? It sounds scientific and therefor complex, but is it?

When I was a kid I thought I would understand what it was when I grew up, but I didn't. If you ask somebody, more than likely they will say it's something indescribable but when it's there you'll know it, which isn't much of an answer is it?

I've been in many relationships and, if you're a regular reader you'll know I am single. Being single isn't something that I consciously chose to be, believe me. So, why is it that none of my relationships stood the test of time? Chemistry?

Here's my take on it; chemistry is a mutual attraction between two people. A lack of chemistry is when one person or both people are not attracted to each other. Think of it as a nice way to tell someone you don't like them.

That's all it is.


THE AMERICAN DREAM---
Home ownership. We've been bombarded since birth to think that to own a home is what we're all here for. That your not really free or American until you own your piece of the pie. Personally, I think this is bullshit. I think it's a way for the government to generate revenue via home sales AND annual property taxes. I will make it my lifes work to ensure the I.R.S. gets as LITTLE of my money as possible. I know "real estate is a great investment" but, ask EVERYBODY you know that owns a home in the United States and ask them how much they have LOST in the past year.

Don't get me started on the stock market.

1 comment:

  1. when you pay rent, you're essentially paying the landlords taxes along with their mortgage. same with apartments. so...you're still paying property taxes. YAY!

    ReplyDelete